When to seek the assistance of an employer retaliation attorney

On Behalf of | May 7, 2015 | Employer Retaliation |

When you are at your place of employment, you should feel safe at all times. In those moments that you don’t, you have the right to report any illegal or unsafe activities, such as discrimination, to your superiors. While this type of behavior shouldn’t be tolerated, some employers believe that employees who complain about these activities should be retaliated against.

If you have reported any kind of questionable activities and noticed a hostile work environment or unfair treatment following your report, it is possible employer retaliation is what you may have experienced. The Employment Office of John H. Haskin & Associates, LLC is available to assist you with your case involving employer retaliation. This particular law office works to resolve issues between employers and employees and awards compensation to employees who have be wronged by their employers.

An employee reporting illegal activities is completely legal and encouraged, but an employer retaliating against that employee filing the report or complaint is illegal. An employee can seek compensation when they feel their employer has retaliated against them, so it is important for them to know when this is occurring.

Employers may find more than one motive to retaliate and many ways to do so, which is why some people may not know when this retaliatory behavior is occurring. A few common forms of retaliation are demotion, denial of promotion and wrongful termination.

If you feel as though your employer has retaliated against you in some way, you may want to contact an Indianapolis employer retaliation lawyer for legal assistance.


FindLaw Network