Report your employer immediately after being terminated

On Behalf of | Nov 22, 2015 | Wrongful Termination |

People often believe that when their employer makes the decision to fire them, it is fair and justified. However, when an employee is terminated, it is possible their employer was wrong. Depending on the circumstances and the reason your employer has fired you, you may be able to file a claim and take them to court to be compensated for your troubles. Like with many legal issues, if you feel as though you have been wrongfully terminated, you should not waste time when it comes to filing a claim against your employer.

There are a number of valid reasons that someone can be fired from their job. Constantly being late, not performing your duties well or not showing up for work at all are all things that can lead to an employee being terminated. Just as there are valid reasons that an employee can be terminated, there are reasons that are not valid and should not lead to a person being let go from their job. In some cases, an employer could just be retaliating against an employee for something they did. If that is the case, filing a claim and proving this to the court could get you your job back or even compensation for the inconvenience your employer’s decision has caused.

When it comes to being wrongfully terminated, people may not be sure what happened or if they want to move forward with filing a claim. There is a statute of limitations for most legal issues, so the moment a person is terminated and they feel as though it was unfair, they should be making the decision to file a claim. You do not want to risk letting your employer get away with their unfair treatment, so the sooner you file a claim, the better.

When you are wrongfully terminated, you have the right to report your employer for their wrongdoing. Even if you are unsure of whether or not you have been wrongfully terminated, you may wish to speak to someone who may be able to help you determine if your employer was unfair in their decision to terminate you. An attorney at the Employment Law Office of John H. Haskin & Associates may be able to answer any of your questions and stand by your side during your case should you choose to go after your former employer for wrongfully terminating you.


FindLaw Network