Indianapolis Gender Discrimination Lawyers
Your Sex Does Not Influence Your Ability To Do Your Job
Gender or sex discrimination occurs in the workplace when an individual of one sex is treated differently than the other sex. Gender discrimination is most common against women but it does occur against men in some situations. If you see that you are being discriminated against because of your sex, we can help. Our gender discrimination attorneys serve employees in Indianapolis and across the state.
At the Employment Law Office of John H. Haskin & Associates, LLC, our lawyers have more than three decades of experience handling legal disputes between employers and employees. Our law firm is the largest employment litigation firm in Indiana dedicated to employee representation. We have brought cases before federal and state employment commissions.
Potential Indications Of Gender Discrimination
It is fortunate that gender discrimination is not as overt as it has been in the past. However, it does still occur and can severely impact individuals who are affected by it. Gender discrimination may include these and other situations:
- You are laid off while male employees with less seniority or qualifications are not.
- You learn that a new male employee with the same job and similar qualifications is making more money than you are.
- You are not hired for a certain position because the company’s clients are “more accustomed to dealing with men.”
- You have children and are not given a position that involves travel because it is assumed you can’t leave your family, but the position is given to a man with children.
- Your company benefits do not cover your husband but they do cover male employees’ wives.
- You are required or encouraged to wear “feminine” clothing while male employees have no restrictions on what they wear.
Employers are not allowed to pay employees of different sexes at different rates or make requirements for positions that one or the other sex cannot comply with. If you feel that you are a victim of gender discrimination, our lawyers will help you stand up for your rights.