Do I Have An Employment Law Case?
Even If You Don’t Know, Call Us, We’ll Help You Figure It Out
For most people, the question “Do I have an employment law case?” isn’t always cut and dried. You may believe that you were treated unfairly because of one thing, when it turns out that your case can be made on something much stronger. This is why we recommend that you call our attorneys to learn how they can help.
The Employment Law Office of John H. Haskin & Associates, LLC, has decades of experience in helping employees successfully resolve legal disputes with their employers. Our firm never represents employers. We recognize the value of employees, and we are here to defend their rights.
What Would Indicate That My Employer Was Unfair To Me?
While it can be hard to pinpoint things precisely, here are a few very broad guidelines:
- If you have been treated differently than your fellow employees
- If a group of employees of a specific nationality, color, age or sex are being treated differently
- If you are being harassed (sexually or otherwise), especially if your employer won’t do anything about it
- If your employer refuses to let you take time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) to take care of a family member or yourself
- If you’re being asked to work before or after you punch out
- If you’re not getting paid overtime, when you should be
Taking the time to talk to our lawyers will give you a much better idea of whether your employer did something wrong.
What Do I Need To Show You?
Any documentation you have regarding this conflict with your employer. This can include employee reviews, your employee handbook, anything that will show how you were treated differently than your fellow employees or that shows where your employer acted incorrectly.
We will review all of this information with you, as well as discuss the chain of events that led you to us. By the end of this conversation, we hope you will understand how your employer acted unlawfully, how it affects you and what we can do to help.